The fundamental missions of Bank Al-Maghrib
• To exercise the privilege of issuing banknotes and coins that are legal tender in the Kingdom;
• To implement monetary policy instruments in order to ensure price stability;
• To see to the stability of the currency and to its convertibility;
• To attend to the smooth running of the money market and to ensure its control;
• To prepare and publish statistics on money and credit;
• To manage public exchange reserves;
• To see to the smooth running of the banking system and to the enforcement of legislative and regulatory provisions relative to the exercise and control of the activity of credit institutions and similar bodies;
• To monitor and ensure the security of payment systems and means as well as the relevance of the norms applicable to them.
Other missions of Bank Al-Maghrib
• To fulfil the role of the financial agent of the Treasury;Download corporate brochure
• To advise the Government on financial issues;
• To represent the Government in the international financial and monetary institutions created in order to promote cooperation in the monetary and financial fields;
• To take part in the negotiation and implementation of international financial agreements.