CULTURAL EVENTS AT BANK AL-MAGHRIB MUSEUM IN 2018
From 9 November to 31 March 2019:
- A collective exhibition on Arabic calligraphy in art and currency. Some artists such as Larbi Cherkaoui, Noredine Chatir, Noredine Daifallah, Mohammed Boustane and Abdelah Hariri will be represented.
25 October 2018:
- Conference «Meeting the other and discovering oneself», held on the margin of the exhibition dedicated to Ibn Battouta.
- Speakers: Mr. Ben Salem Himmich, novelist and former Minister of Culture, Mr. Ahmed Elshahawy, Egyptian traveler following the footsteps of Ibn Battouta and Mr. Anass Yakine, globe-trotter and Moroccan photographer.
- Moderator: Pr. Ahmed Saleh Ettahiri, curator of this exhibition.
From 25 September to 31 December 2018:
- On the margin of the exhibition dedicated to Ibn Battouta, students aged between 11 and 14 years old are invited to attend weekly workshops to discover the products traded, cities travelled and dynasts met by this famous explorer (Activity by reservation only).
1 June 2018:
- ARamadan night event on the beat of Moroccan music at the museum.
15 May 2018:
- On the margin of the International Museum Day, celebrated in 2018 under the theme "Hyperconnected Museums", students aged between 14 and 15 years old years are invited to attend a presentation of the latest technological innovations used in the museum sector as well as a workshop on scan and 3D printing presentation and manipulation (Activity by reservation only).
From 15 to 20 May 2018:
- On the occasion of the International Museum Day, celebrated in 2018 under the theme "Hyperconnected Museums", the Museum offers free access to the public.
From 3 May to 31 June 2018:
- Puppet show featuring the trips of the great traveller Ibn Battouta, organized for school groups aged between 6 and 10 years (Activity by reservation only).
From 26 April to 31 December 2018:
- Temporary exhibition «In the footsteps of Ibn Battouta: from Tangier to Cairo and from Mogadishu to Timbuktu»
- Through this exhibition, the visitor follows the traces of the greatest traveller of all time, Ibn Battouta, in East and West Africa. This event is intended as a tribute to this distinguished traveller, known for his passion for discovery and adventure, his openness to other cultures, and for his inexhaustible tale.
22 March 2018:
- Hosting of Conference on: «Miloud Labied or the exceptional career of a painter and researcher», and the book signing ceremony dedicated to his artistic work.
- Speakers: Mr. Moulim El Aroussi, art critic and writer, and the painters Bouchta El Hayani and Omar Bouragba
- Moderator: Mr. Abderrahman Benhamza, curator of the exhibition.
8 March 2018:
- On the occasion of the International Women’s Day, the Museum organizes two artistic workshops on self-portrait. To the beat of world music, participants will be able to relax, reconnect with themselves and express their own creativity through entertaining exercises. Activities will be supervised by the visual artist Rim LAABI, an art theorist and a university professor.
Until 31 March 2018:
- Educational workshops for school groups «Curves and colors of Miloud Labied», organized for school groups every Tuesday and Thursday mornings throughout the exhibition period (for pupils aged between 9 to 14 years old, every Tuesday and Thursday mornings – by reservation).
From 9 November 2017 to 31 March 2018 :
- Retrospective exhibition in tribute to the artist-painter Miloud Labied « A masterful art of ellipsis». The exhibition retraces his career through the most interesting periods of his artistic journey: Naive/figurative, geometric (called american), gestural and informal, then the period when he most expressed himself through lyrical abstraction.
Throughout the year:
- Guided visits to the permanent exhibition:
- Extending over an area of more than 2000m2, Bank Al-Maghrib museum hosts three exhibitions: a collection of ancient coins that trace the history of our country from antiquity to modern days; works of art that show the development of visual arts in Morocco; a corporate space dedicated to the history of Bank Al-Maghrib, its main missions as well as some notions of economics.
- A «Treasure map» activity is organized for children aged between 9 and 14. With the help of a treasure map, children will explore the spaces dedicated to currency and solve 15 puzzles to discover the hidden treasure. The aim behind this trail, filled with ancient coins to find, is to playfully initiate children to the history of our country, from antiquity to the present day.
- For booking, please call the Museum department on 05 37 21 64 72, by fax on 05 37 21 64 59 or via this email address email@example.com.
|Open from Tuesday to Sunday|
|From Tuesday to Friday||9am – 5:30pm|
|Saturday||9am – 12am / 3pm – 6 pm|
|Sunday||9am – 1pm|
|Contact :||Entrance Fees :|
Museum of Bank Al-Maghrib
Angle Avenue Allal Ben Abdellah et Rue Al-Qahira
Phone.: +212(05) 37 21 64 72
Fax : +212(05) 37 21 64 59
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual visit: 20 DH
Group visit (3 people and more): 10 DH per person
Students and school groups: Free entry upon presentation of the student card.
Free entrance for the public, on Fridays.